Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Board Member
Board Member

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: For the Love of Seniors
    Posted: 21 August 2013 at 1:07am
Borrowed from a friend's facebook page:

People ask me all the time what rescuing a dog is all about. For me, rescuing a dog is an act of bravery because it requires a commitment to accept the unknown at an unforeseeable cost. Going one step further, rescuing an old dog is an act of heroism because it requires the commitment to accept that the dog you are rescuing will not be with you for long, along with the inevitable reminder that all of us are mortal and are on this blue marble for the blink of an eye. When we take in an elderly dog, we do so out of love and compassion for a dog in the winter of its years, but we do so knowing that the sweetness of the moments are tenuous and that grief will surely follow. Dante wrote 800 years ago that "the soul is hurt by cowardice, which oftentimes encumbers a man so that it turns him back from honorable enterprise." In more modern English, the fear of loss should not stop anyone from taking in a wonderful old dog short on time but long on love. "

Much more eloquent than I could have come up with but wow do I share the author's feelings.
Kathy & Shortcake,Colleen,Cole,Lucciano, Camy & Dancin'
& the kitties.
(Shadow, Rudy, Angel, Alyssa, Dax, WeeBit, Bailey,Livia,Liana,Janie & Whisper~Racing Somewhere Over the Rainbow Bridge)
JBandSuz View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 August 2013 at 12:52pm
Beautiful! Heart
Suzanne, JB, and Rose + Miss Penny & Miss Moon
 Post Reply Post Reply