Forum Home Forum Home > Our Dogs > Rainbow Bridge
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedTerra Sweet Terra

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: Terra Sweet Terra
    Posted: 20 July 2012 at 9:49pm
Terra is gone.  She died Friday, July 13th about 8:30 PM.  Bonnie and I were coming back from the first part of our vacation and our dog/house sitter met us at the door and gave us the news. The cause was a massive blood loss.  She was a bit of a poo eater and would dig things up from the yard and eat them and I think this is what was her demise.  I buried her the next day between Nitty-Gritty, Pinta and Cecily.

This is a quote from a blog post I have been working on:

What is so tragic about her death is she was in the midst of the greatest transformation.  She was happy and she knew she was happy and she wanted to be happy.  She would dance when it was time for a walk and she licked me as I put her harness on.  If I were slow, she gave so very gentle nips with her teeth.  If I were passing out strokes and smooches to the other dogs, she would came wait for hers. She, after twelve years as shy retired lady greyhound finally had her very own human, me and a family where she was loved, wanted and needed. If she were in the front of the house, she would often meet me at the door when I came home.  There was always a great commotion when it was time for walks, and she would carry on from the back of the house.

You know, it always the shy one that hurt the most when they leave you, least it is for me. 

She hated the vacuum and if it were in her way, where she needed to go, she would not go that way.  She trained me to get things out of her way when she moved through the house.  In her final days, she finally showed me she didn’t like the hardwood floors and she would wait as I took down the baby gates and opened the doors so she could walk on the carpet to get to the front of the house.

It was after she was gone, that I realized I didn’t have to look for her before I ran the vacuum.  The footprints she left on my heart are plentiful and very deep.

Bye, Terra
Larry, Bonnie, Hank the Wonder Dog,Abby, and Little Ruthie.

Missing Poppy, Jetta, Ebony, Pinta, Nitty-Gritty, Cecily and Patty, Terrific Terra and Oreo.

"A forever home every hound."
ratrace View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 July 2012 at 10:03pm

Missing Poppy, Jetta, Ebony, Pinta, Nitty-Gritty, Cecily and Patty, Terrific Terra and Oreo.

Aggiemom View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 July 2012 at 10:19pm
I'm so sorry for the loss of your sweet Terra {{{hugs}}}
LISA ~ Mom to:
MIRAGE /C Ya Mirage

And always in my heart, my beautiful girls, Piaget/C Ya Piaget 11/08/03 - 10/01/11 and Maya/C Ya Fuzzy Navel 5/30/07 - 04/28/14

greytfull View Drop Down
Board Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 July 2012 at 8:18am
Larry, my heart goes out to you and your family.  Thank you so much for giving this little girl wonderful twilight years.  I can tell she was very much loved.  Run free little girl. 

Edited by greytfull - 21 July 2012 at 8:19am
Pat, Kiley, Faithy, Helly, Deane, Daisy, Bug, Rooby and Pecious
devotion View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 July 2012 at 8:27am
Larry and Bonnie,

My condolences on your loss of sweet Terra. I remember when you took her home from GPAH. She was shy but did make a huge transformation because of the love you two and your pack gave her.
You have always done right by your hounds, it is perfect that her final resting place is amongst some of the best!
I was just thinking about you two the other day and was so thrilled to see Hank was fine.

Soar high sweet Terra.

If you took the pain out of loss, you would have to take the love out of life. Run free....
Pam w/Avril,Dalton,Zeus & dachshund Sammy,cat Miss Buzz

bridge angels: Devotion my 1st grey, Jingle Bells, Rocky, Hans, Bandito, Harbor, Scooter, Nola,Lennon,Chessnut,Eeyore,Scout & Naomi
ratrace View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 July 2012 at 11:51am
I want to come to Houston and see about fostering, but my little Whippet, Oreo is on Chemo and the meds are a bit costly and I have a failure rate at fostering second to none. Before the Aggies come back, maybe I can come down some Saturday and spend time with the hounds, make a donation in memory of all the doggies I have loved in the ten years since finding GPA Houston.
Thanks guys, the work you do is appreciated.

greytfull View Drop Down
Board Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 July 2012 at 6:16pm
Larry, sent you PM :)
Pat, Kiley, Faithy, Helly, Deane, Daisy, Bug, Rooby and Pecious
Jeannie View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 July 2012 at 7:41pm
Larry and Bonnie I am so sorry that Terra is gone from your home but I know she will forever be in your heart.

I do know Terra's story and when you took her home I knew she had found her forever home.

Godspeed Terra, run with all the angels.

The shy/spooky ones always seem to dig a little deeper into my heart. Our last remaining greyhound is our Teddy (Nina's Bandit), I believe he may be a sibling to Terra, and he was also a shy/spooky hound. Teddy also does not want anything to do with the vacuum cleaner.
When a Greyhound looks into your eyes, it seems they reach your very soul.

Always near, our Bridge Angel Greyhounds Casey, Molly, Maggie,Charlie, Renie, Lucy and Teddy

We miss you forever.

sherri c View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 July 2012 at 9:03pm

I'm so sorry for your loss of that sweet little shy girl, Terra.  The shy ones do tug at my heartstrings every time.  Thank you for giving her that wonderful final home where she was much loved and allowed to blossom.

Sherri, Tom, Jesse James, Molly B, Kabuki, Neo the Jazzman and the cats Ike, Kazi and iRene

Missing our Easy and Cleo (at the Bridge)
angelkat View Drop Down
Board Member
Board Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 July 2012 at 10:56pm
Larry and Bonnie,
You gave such love to Terra and she could not have asked for a more wonderful home. Thank you so much for giving her the best time of her life.
Kathy & Shortcake,Colleen,Cole,Lucciano, Camy & Dancin'
& the kitties.
(Shadow, Rudy, Angel, Alyssa, Dax, WeeBit, Bailey,Livia,Liana,Janie & Whisper~Racing Somewhere Over the Rainbow Bridge)
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>